Monday 31 August 2015

Doesn't time fly!


Wow, doesn’t time fly when you’re having fun? Mine certainly has whilst on school holiday and tomorrow, 1st September looms from nowhere. Where did August go?

I’ve had the luxury of seven school-free weeks in which to write… and, I’m proud to say, I’ve used every minute! In addition, I’ve devoured numerous fiction books to satisfy the renewed reader within:

The Lake House – Helen Phifer

No one wants to be Miss Havisham - Brigid Coady

Go set a watchman – Harper Lee

Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland – Lewis Carroll

I’ll take New York – Miranda Dickinson

Say it with sequins – Georgia Hill

Easter with Nurse Millie – Jean Fullerton

Sense and sensibility – Jane Austen

 
As a separate challenge I’ve started Tolstoy’s tome ‘War and Peace’ by means of a daily chapter – I really couldn’t see any other way of conquering it but so far, so good. I’m on track to finish by 10th August 2016!

I have one final week of holiday before the school bell rings - the plan is to continue the routine that I’ve lived for the previous six.

No comments: