Thursday 19 June 2014

Meet my main character

'Meet my Main Character’ Blog Hop

Morton Gray has tagged me to contribute to the ‘Meet my main character’ blog hop. Morton is currently editing her novel Rosie and Tanner and hopes to see the novel in print one day. I thank her for the opportunity to introduce my main character, Maggie Monroe.  
What is the name of the main character? Is she real or fictitious?
Maggie Monroe, fictitious to you but very real in my head – I’ve lived with her for about two years.
When and where is the story set?
Her life is based in Pooley, a fictionalised village in Warwickshire, she’s an A&E nurse at St. Bede’s hospital, who lives alone apart from her pet cat, Archie.
What should we know about her?
For the last eight months, Maggie has been struggling to come to terms with the death of her fiancé Guy, in a tragic car accident. Having dated for seven years they’d planned their future together. Now Maggie is alone, wanting no one but her Guy.
What is the main conflict? What messes up her life?
Maggie’s conflict arrives in the form of Asa, an upbeat artist, who wants to get to know her better. He’s prepared to be knocked back, prepared to take it slow, prepared to be friends  - prepared for anything but not to watch a beautiful woman waste away.
What is Maggie’s goal?
Maggie wants to dedicate her life to loving and remembering Guy, forsaking all others. Asa’s goal is to re-waken her thirst for life, leading to love.
A tiny snippet about Maggie but I’m hoping it gives you a taste of my novel. I have tagged two writers: Helen Phifer, my dear writing buddy who has motivated me so much over the past year, her blog can be found at helenphifer. My other author is Anne Harvey, whose blog can be found at thewritespotannelharvey.blogspot
Watch out for their posts next week. I’m looking forward to reading all about their main characters.

2 comments:

Morton S Gray said...

Thank you for keeping the blog hop going. Sounds a very interesting book. I look forward to reading more! Good luck. Mx

Anne L Harvey said...

Maggie sounds an interesting character. So does Asa! It's a great post, Bernadette, and I look forward to doing mine next week.