Sunday 29 December 2013

New Year, Simon Whaley and Rehoming

Morning folks, I hope everyone is well. We got our wish for a cosy quiet Christmas at home. But, now my eyes are firmly on the New Year. Writing wise, I have dug out my annual read 'The Positively, Productive Writer' by Simon Whaley which I've reread for the part two years. Whaley gives lots of practical advice and examples of  records - which I've used since my very first read. It may sound daft, but the psychology of writing needs a regular revisit.

My current writing place is my desk in the corner of the dining room - which for years has suited me but recently my spread of papers, notes and accompanying item has out grown the spot. So, drastic action is called for come the New Year - I'll be rehoming my desk upstairs into a cleared out room - which will give me more space and best of all a door to close on the expanse of notes, so I won't need to clear away after each session.

Between now and New Year I have to dedicate as much of my time as possible to my current project - which has a self-imposed deadline for draft one of 31st Dec. Though, this looks unlikely given that a minor plot line is being reworked at the moment. I'll see what I can do.

With New Year comes my resolutions - this year I will get my RNA NWS submission sent by 1st April and then following feedback will submit it to publishers. Simple goals.

Remember you can follow me on Twitter by search odwyer_author or facebook odwyer_author - either route make sure you connect and chat. Enjoy!

No comments: