Sunday 22 December 2013

Merry Christmas, holidays and muse

Morning folks, I hope everyone is enjoying the run up to Christmas - I've nearly completed my 'To-do  ' list, thank goodness.

Since Friday I've been on holiday, so have transformed my focus onto my writing. It amazes me how much work I can complete when juggling isn't necessary. I've managed to add numerous champers to my work-in-progress but intend to complete in the next nine days. As my dead line is 31Dec - I have more than enough to be getting on with, between the tinsel and turkey!

I've had a fabulous week with my study; submitting a beautiful essay on Jane Eyre - I wanted to write 10,000 words not just the required 2,000. The process reignited my passion for Bronte - so the New a Year could well begin with Gaskell's biography.

My muse has been prodding my ribs each day this week - she seems to be overflowing with creative ideas and demands. I've the beginnings of two poems and a flash fiction story jotted on notepaper - which I'll hopefully finish by Christmas. I also wrote two murder mystery short stories for the school children - quite amazing how excited they became at being included in the plot.

Finally, wishing my dear writing friend Alex a speedy recovery after a recent surprise - shout if you need anything.

Remember you can follow me on Twitter by searching @odwyer_author or facebook odwyer_author - either network please make contact and follow my end of year progress. Wishing you all the merriest of Christmases - enjoy!



No comments: