Saturday 3 November 2012

NaNoWriMo day 3 - 1840 words

Afternoon folks – forgive me for being late but the day job got in the way, I had to mark school books this morning, so my routine had to change. But, I’m here now and have I got news for you! My week’s holiday has been so productive that I could cry with joy.
In one week I have:

  • Submitted ‘Her’ to four agents and one publisher – yay!
  • Re-written the synopsis for the ‘Her’ submissions – double yay!
  • Written two new chapters for my W.I.P. ‘Weigh to go’
  • Written five poems (Ben, Dad, Heron, Marmite and Alice Liddell) - wow!
  • In two days of NaNoWriMo have written 8234 words – amazing
  • Have plotted a children’s story – which I haven’t got around to writing but I will.
  • Have finally finished my reading book ‘Death comes to Pemberley’ – P.D. James
  • Have finally read the short story ‘The Signalman’ - Dickens
 
Alongside the creative work, I have also had the car M.O.T at the garage and one cat M.O.T at the vets. Visited the cinema to view the new James Bonds film ‘Skyfall’ and watched a handful of dvds about Jane Austen. Phewwwww! I haven’t wasted a moment, honest.

It is weeks like this that confirm that I truly love what I do – life is busy but it’s what I’ve created and chosen. Am I refreshed for next week – you bet!

I’ve promised to provide a mini up-date each day during November in relation to the NaNoWriMo challenge 2012. I have mentioned before that I attempted the challenge in 2009 but failed in week two – I can’t see that happening this year. I haven’t written any for today, so day one and day two total 8234 words. I shall have a writing session after typing this blog, but I’ll provide an update before I go to bed regards day 3 word count. My goal is to top 10,000 words – we’ll see.

Remember you can follow me on Twitter by searching for odwyer_author – that way you can accompany my creative journey as it happens. Enjoy!

Follow up: On finishing my writing session today I managed to add 1840 words to my novel 'Pooch Parade' bringing the grand total to 10084 words - woohoo, I'm doing better than I had hoped!


No comments: