Saturday 1 January 2011

New Year - new promise

Never really thought I'd have one of these blog things, but the time has come to take note of the great world open to me, whilst maintaining my secret writer status in my daily life.
     I suppose a little history wouldn't go a miss, even help in explaining why my secret status ever came about. I was born into a family that are plain nosey, not just a little bit, but a whole lot nosey... they'd say otherwise, I'm sure. But once they've figured out information they don't just keep it to themsleves, hell no, they want to know the full works and worst of all share it with any passing Tom, Dick or Harry. So what was once an enjoyable hobby is announced to all and sundrey, and before you know it everyones expecting you to produce or acheive the great and the good. Having had this happen many times during my childhood, I figured I wouldn't share my writing with my family nor close friends. So the priviledge list consists of: my husband, members of a writing group, a handful of trusted friends and you, dear reader.
     My goal for 2011 is to complete re-drafting/editing my debut novel and by 1st September to have sent it to an agent for consideration. In moments of creative genius, which are usually few and far between, I'll craft a few short stories for fiction magazines and competitions. So, without further a do, may I wish you a Happy New Year and raise a small glass to secret writers everywhere.

Up-date: during the evening I managed to complete the short story 'Hush little baby, don't say a word' and have posted it as a competition entry. Woohoo!

No comments: